Nowadays, you can send documents, files, and messages without using paid SMS and making calls. It became possible with the advent of instant messengers. These instant messaging apps are fiercely competitive with each other. The list of such apps is long, and Snapchat is one of them. First, you need to know what Snapchat is? Why do we need it? In addition, we will explore the different subtleties of other apps like Snapchat to help you choose the best application. Scroll down to read the details!
Top 10 Apps Like Snapchat
Snapchat is a social network where people can exchange photos and short videos that disappear after 24 hours. Plus, in contrast to the monotonous Facebook and Twitter, Snapchat has many cool features and filters.
Snapchat is not the only program where you can communicate with other people. There are many apps out there, and each of them has its advantages.
Join us to find out what they are and how they work!
No one can deny that WhatsApp is the king of instant messaging apps in the world. WhatsApp works on Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac OS. It allows people to send messages and call each other without spending money.
The developers have created end-to-end encryption to protect private messages. Even WhatsApp won’t track personal communications.
- Simple and intuitive user interface;
- Register with your phone number;
- Messaging, calling individuals and groups;
- Automatic integration with your phone’s contacts;
- Send videos and other multimedia files;
- Store unlimited history of forwarded correspondence and files.
#2. Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger has a simple interface and easy navigation. The navigation bar has three tabs: People, Chats, and Favorites providing quick access to key functions.
One of the standout features of Facebook Messenger is presenting chats when the app is running in the background. Bubbles appear with your new messages, so you don’t miss a conversation while using other apps.
So, if you love to talk with people, do not miss the opportunity to access one of the most important messaging networks in the world.
The development team has worked hard to customize your private chats on Viber. The team has successfully designed end-to-end encryption, making messages more secure.
Viber users now trust the security of their chats without the risk of unauthorized interference. You should make sure that you are using the latest version of Viber to enjoy this new feature.
- Free voice and video calls;
- No registration required;
- Create group chats;
- Automatically synchronize contacts;
- Compatible with many operating systems.
The Skype extension for Chrome and Firefox allows you to make calls to Skype logins and specified numbers on websites.
In addition, the extension allows you to share interesting pages with your contacts using the “Share on Skype” function.
- Free messaging, audio and video calls between Skype subscribers
- Calls to mobiles and landlines at competitive rates
- Group calls and chats
- Call recording
- Diverting calls
- Share files up to 300 MB
- Screen demonstration
You can download Skype and install it on almost any operating system. Here are just a few of them: iOS, macOS, Android, Windows, BlackBerry, Linux, and WindowsPhone.
This feature is useful for team and business communication. Using Skype, you can contact a large number of people without spending extra money.
#5. Yahoo Messenger
Thanks to its search engine, website, messenger, and email, the first major Internet company was Yahoo. It remained at the top until the arrival of Google.
However, this did not stop it from continuing to develop various services in the online sector. Yahoo Messenger never goes away.
It provides users with:
- convenient chatting,
- sharing high-quality photos,
- transferring different files and GIF animations from a rich collection.
One of the features that sets the app apart from its competitors’ backgrounds is that you can unsend any messages in it.
WeChat is popular in China because the app’s 1.1 billion users mostly come from there. It became super popular because China blocked WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and Telegram.
No app offers Chinese people as many convenient features as WeChat. Through the years, WeChat has penetrated all areas of life, including payment systems based on QR codes.
- Multimedia messaging;
- Group chat with 500 people at once;
- Free voice and video calls using VoIP protocol;
- WeChat Pay for virtual payments;
- Share multiple personal photos;
- Make new friends through Friends Radar, Close People and Shake;
- Link your Facebook account to WeChat.
#7. Telegram Messenger
Telegram is more secure than the popular messengers WhatsApp and Line. This app works on MTProto protocol, built on time-tested algorithms.
It supports two levels of strong encryption. The server-client data encryption used in Cloud Chat and Secret Chat uses an additional layer. This application encrypts all data, including text, multimedia, and other files.
Main features of Telegram Messenger:
- The use of cloud technologies and strong encryption to protect your messages and transmitted data.
- Access to messages simultaneously from multiple devices – smartphones, tablets, and computers.
- Send unlimited photos, videos, and files (doc, zip, mp3, etc.) up to 1.5 GB in size.
- Additional privacy protection offers advanced privacy settings;
- Secure communication through Secret Chats with self-destructing messages and files;
- Blocking the application with an additional password to restrict access to unauthorized persons.
- Free app without ads.
#8. Samsung Messages
The Samsung Messages app is ideal if you frequently chat with other Samsung users. The Korean tech incorporation has pre-installed the program on the phones it sells.
It allows you to send SMS, MMS and is compatible with the Android ecosystem. Best minimalist app interface and easy to understand even for novice users.
In Samsung Messages, you can find a specific message by keys and contact data, date received, or phone number.
Samsung Messages is more than just a messenger; and it’s also your assistant in managing all the messages on your device.
- Search for messages and contacts in the app;
- Multimedia messaging;
- Protect your chats;
- Compatible with multi-SIM devices;
- Support for Talkback accessibility apps.
IMO provides us with a communication system that works over the VoIP protocol. It means you can call and video meetings in addition to chatting with your contacts.
At IMO, you will find functions for free. As a result, it has become a useful application in countries where people do not want to pay for national telecommunications services.
- Free calling and texting using the Internet;
- Video calling with excellent picture and sound quality;
- Group chat;
- Share photos and videos;
- Function to block other users.
This app offers the ability to have a news feed to see what your friends have been up to recently. The program can store small stories with photos, set status, and add new friends.
The simple and intuitive interface makes it competitive and comfortable for everyday use. Thus, LINE is popular among millions of people, especially in Asian countries.
- Instant messaging and chat between contacts.
- Free voice and video calls to 200 people at once.
- Save messages, photos, and videos and share them.
- Emojis and stickers.
- Timeline function to share photos, text, locations.
- Use the app on both PC and Android smartphones.
- Customize colors and fonts.
- Support most multimedia file transfer formats.
We have just provided the apps like Snapchat with you. Indeed, many can no longer imagine life without such useful systems. They facilitate long-distance communication among friends, family, and work colleagues.
If you have any questions, write them below in the comments. The answer will come to the mail that you specify, preferably without errors.